Symfony Xmas Meetup
17 Dec 2018
Please remember to sign up on skillsmatter:
You’ll need an access code to get in.
• 6:00pm – 6:30pm – informal chat & drinks
• 6:30m – 6:40pm – announcements & raffle of two jetbrains licenses
• 6:40pm – 7:25pm – Integrate your Symfony application with your Cloud Infrastructure using the Symfony Messenger by Thibault Henry
• 7:30 till late – more chats & further socialising
Big thanks to our sponsors!
• MyBuilder for drinks.
• SkillsMatter for the amazing venue.
• JetBrains for their product licenses.
Integrate your Symfony application with your Cloud Infrastructure using the Symfony Messenger
More and more companies move to IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service), and move their application to use managed cloud services. There are different techniques to enable services to communicate in the cloud. One of them is message queues.
I will show you through examples how you can use the Symfony Messenger to integrate your Symfony application with message queues, and to interact with cloud services.
Thibault is a French computer engineering student, working in London as a Full-stack Software Engineer at Birdie, a health-tech startup. He has worked with many different stacks across projects, but when it comes to Back-End, his heart stays with Symfony. Thibault always looks for ways to optimize an architecture or a process, and how to improve the quality and speed of delivery.
Unfortunately Neal had to cancel his talk last minute. If you were counting on his Symfony on AWS Lambda talk, don’t worry, as he’ll come back in the new year.
Have a talk idea you’d like to hear? Problem to be solved? Perhaps you’d like to present a talk yourself? Lightning talk maybe?
Submit it to http://bit.ly/sfukcop today!