Jenkins X: Continuous Delivery for Kubernetes
This is a virtual Meetup occuring at 5PM UK time (BST), here’s a timezone calculator (https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Jenkins+X%3A+Continuous+Delivery+for+Kubernetes&iso=20180605T17&p1=%3A&ah=1).
You can tune in to the session at virtualJUG.com (http://virtualJUG.com/)
Join us for the live discussion: https://goo.gl/ELDDcp
The last 5 years has seen a huge change in how we build, package, run and manage software with the rise of Kubernetes, Cloud Native, Microservices and Continuous Delivery. As a result we all need to get better at delivering business value to our customers faster and continuously with a cloud native strategy – but how?
This talk will introduce you to a new open source project, Jenkins X which is an open source CI / CD platform for Kubernetes based on Jenkins.
After a couple of slides we’ll spend most of talk demonstrating how to get stuff done with Jenkins X:
* easily setup your own Jenkins based CI / CD system on your cloud of choice
* quickly get started developing new microservices with automated CI / CD
* import existing projects with automated CI / CD
* use Pull Requests to trigger CI, Preview Environments, human approval then a full CD release
* use automated provisioning to testing, staging, ephemeral and production environments via helm charts and GitOps
After this talk you should be able to develop at full speed with CI / CD in a cloud native way in any language on any cloud or kubernetes cluster! Lets all go faster!
Speaker: James Strachan
I created the Groovy programming language and Apache Camel integration framework.
These days I work for CloudBees on Jenkins X: automated CI/CD for Kubernetes