Hands-On Coding Workshop: How to Add Amazon IAP & Subscriptions to Android Apps
06 Feb 2018
Join Mario Viviani, EU Technology Evangelist, for the first Meetup of 2018. Learn how to add In-App Purchase (IAP) to your Android Apps in just a few minutes! You can code along with Mario or if you prefer you are welcome to attend and simply follow the session.
18:30 Registration – enjoy a beer & snack while we’re getting ready to start.
19:00 Welcome & Community shout outs
19:10 How to Add Amazon In-App Purchase and Subscriptions to Your Android Apps.
20:40 Relax & chat to some like minded people.
21:00 See you next time!
Together we will learn how to:
• Easily publish your IAP items to the Amazon Appstore Developer portal
• Export IAP items and add them to our device for testing
• Add the in-app purchase events to our Android App
• Test in-app purchase on-device
• Publish the app on Amazon Appstore
Requirements to follow the hands-on coding session:
• Beginner experience with Android/Java development
• Laptop (Win/Mac/Linux)
• Install Android Studio (version 3.0.1+)
• Bring an Amazon Fire Tablet (2015+) or an Android device (Android 5+ Lollipop required)
• Install Amazon Appstore on your device (if Android device)
• Download Amazon App Tester from the Amazon Appstore
• Register as an Amazon Appstore Developer (not required but recommended)
Community shout outs:
From the survey many of you told us you’d like the opportunity to have a 5 minute ‘shout out’ about your game or app so here’s your chance. If you would like to get involved email Daniel Mann [masked]
IMPORTANT: Due to health and safety requirements you need to provide your full name and email address. Please complete the question below.
Want to win a great prize? All you have to do to enter is answer the H&S question below. Good luck!
Stay in touch @AmazonAppDev and follow #AmazonAppsters for the latest news.
There will be people taking photographs and potentially filming the event for use in Amazon’s advertising and promotional materials. By attending you agree to the possibility of being photographed and filmed once inside.